Translate

Info about this trip:

February 11-22, 2016. My church, ALFC, has had a long-standing relationship with Pastor Lucio Miranda and his congregation (iCare Foursquare) in Olongapo. In addition to visiting Pastor Miranda’s home congregation and working with youth groups (orphanage, youth rehab center, etc.), the team will also travel to San Fernando in the Pampanga Province to run a Bible School program for local children, perform liturgical dance-ministry outreach and run dance clinics, as well as contribute to other service projects with a new church that is being established: Lord of the Breakthrough Foursquare Church.

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Initial Informational Support Letter

15th October 2015
Dear Family and Friends,
You are receiving this letter electronically because I do not have a current mailing address on file for you, or you prefer to receive paperless mail! Please note on the attached “Support Response” paper if you’d like future communication to be electronic.
It’s been awhile since I last sent a support letter regarding a mission trip! The past several years have been occupied with travels of educational and professional nature. Now, living in Hollister, CA, I have the opportunity to return to the mission field on a couple short-term mission trips during the 2016 calendar year, with Abundant Life Foursquare Church (https://alfchollister.org/ or check them out on Facebook), my current church-family. I’d like to share in these experiences with you, part of my support network.
The first trip, in February 2016, will be headed to the Philippines. ALFC has had a long-standing relationship with Pastor Miranda and his congregation in Olongapo. This year, in addition to visiting Pastor Lucio Miranda’s home congregation and doing some work-service projects, the team will also travel to Pampanga Province to run a Vacation Bible School program for local children, as well as contribute to other service projects with a new church that is being established. The total estimated cost of this service trip is $2,400. This opportunity to serve and work abroad again has me quite excited.
The second trip, scheduled during August 2016, will allow me to return to my former Central American home of Costa Rica! The mission team will be working with Bill & Debbie Boling, in Naranjito/Quepos area, in the Puntarenas region, which is on the Pacific Coast of the country. Their ministry works in leadership development, involving local churches, Bible institutes, ESL classes, cooking classes, and outreach to schoolchildren. They need some construction work done on their facilities, which will allow their ministries to expand. The total estimated cost of this service trip is $1,500. I will get to aid in leading this trip, navigating a country very near and dear to my heart, translating/interpreting, and hopefully even getting to visit with my Tico (Costa Rican) loved ones during my time in the country.
I’m greatly anticipating these trips. The prospect of serving, establishing new relationships, and continuing to broaden my worldview as a Global Citizen excites me greatly, and I can’t wait to begin preparing. One of the biggest parts of the preparation process pertains to finances. With the mission teams, I will be fundraising locally, but I’m also looking for friends and family who can offer financial support to meet my fundraising goal for both trips, amounting to a total of $3,900--which includes airfare and other transportation, housing, food, and supplies for work-service projects. (Please see the “Support Response,” on the following page, which I request be returned.)
Most importantly, I ask for emotional and spiritual support, offering my your prayers and guidance as I prepare for these trips. All the logistical details after years of traveling are of little concern, but in the areas of emotional, spiritual, and physical-health, I know I will need the most preparation and support. I’ll set up blogsites for each of the trips, through which my supporters can receive updates and stay apprised of the most recent news related to the trips. If you want additional information, you have a variety of methods by which to reach me these days! Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to hearing from you.
Blessings,
Lara Lichten

Feel free to print this form, expressing your support, and return it to me at:
83 Nevada Street
Hollister, CA 95023
I'd love to hear from you!


No comments:

Post a Comment