Translate

Info about this trip:

February 11-22, 2016. My church, ALFC, has had a long-standing relationship with Pastor Lucio Miranda and his congregation (iCare Foursquare) in Olongapo. In addition to visiting Pastor Miranda’s home congregation and working with youth groups (orphanage, youth rehab center, etc.), the team will also travel to San Fernando in the Pampanga Province to run a Bible School program for local children, perform liturgical dance-ministry outreach and run dance clinics, as well as contribute to other service projects with a new church that is being established: Lord of the Breakthrough Foursquare Church.

Monday, February 15, 2016

Day 3: conclusion

In the afternoon, I rested and lounged about, taking advantage of a cloud-covered sky to sit poolside and read for a bit, as well as catch up on social media. Then I organized supplies and materials for the night's upcoming Bible School program for which we had prepared curriculum back home. I made checklists and got things ready for the rest of the team. Later in the afternoon, as Pastor Bob was arriving back at the hotel from his pastors convention, we had a meeting to finalize hand motions for kids sing along songs, as well as go over materials and curriculum I had organized. Elijah and I went on a quick shopping trip across the street for some essential supplies. Resigning myself to stay behind and keep myself from contaminating the kids, As well as to conserve my energy, I sent the team on their way, and off I went on a walk to find garlic supplements.
I needed that walk. The exercise helped me clear my system a bit, and also allowed me to take in more Filipino culture. When I returned to the hotel, I arranged for their in-house service of a 50-minute, $10 massage. Just what I needed to help work out the tensions the sickness had wrought upon my body. 

The team came back around 8:30, and we debriefed and planned for tomorrow. I'll upload media from their time spent at the orphanage putting on the program as soon as I collect it from them. 

As for my health, I feel like it is improving. I am coughing less. The meds are drying me up. I am sore from all the coughing, so that massage really helped. I am optimistic that tomorrow will be better, and I will have the energy needed to enjoy the day's work ahead!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your illness. I hope you'll feel better soon with the meds kicking in. Nevada is doing fine as she went bonkers when I visited her at Susi's Sat. night. Hugs~

    ReplyDelete