Going to bed around 1:30/2ish our first night in Clark, Pampanga, we all slept in until around 9:30 and then waited for a ride into town that never came, so we walked up to the main lodge "clubhouse" building and chartered a taxi. We went in to the SM shopping center and had brunch, and then did some grocery shopping for essentials as well as gifts.
We arrived back at the Fontana resort around 3:30/4, and checked out the prices for the water theme park. Just less than $10, with towel rental. There was hardly anyone there--more lifeguards and staff than guests. Bethany, Alora, and I took the GoPro down water slides and in the pools and down the lazy river for a couple hours, while the men snoozed. For dinner, we went out to the Korean restaurant, teaching Alora and Elijah to use chopsticks, introducing them to kimchi, and other foods. I had bibimbap of course.
After dinner, I went to the spa and got a Filipino/Chinese massage and had a nice steam shower l. It was a mixture of a Korean jimjilbang experience and a massage/day spa. It was over double what I paid for the hotel masseuse in Olongapo ($10), but my body needed it! The wifi hadn't been working with my phone, so i haven't been able to post. I walked back to the villa and went straight to bed, around 10:30.
We all needed this day of rest and recuperation after the past few days of putting on double-programs, planning, and sleepless nights due to illness.
No comments:
Post a Comment